Tutoring and Learning Center (TLC)
The purpose of the TLC at WWCC is to provide a comfortable, quality, learning environment. Tutoring services are offered free of charge to all currently enrolled WWCC students. We help with mathematics, science, writing, and study skills while encouraging student independence and responsibility. The center is staffed primarily with trained peer tutors who have excelled in their own classes.
Many students find the most successful way to use the TLC for Math and Science is on a regular basis as an addition to their classroom experience. They find that completing their homework in the center serves the dual purpose of getting the work done and having their questions answered by a knowledgeable tutor.
In writing, we believe there are no bad papers - just writers who have not yet found the right voice. We offer support and advice while guiding students to writing self-sufficiency.
On the Walla Walla campus, the Tutoring and Learning Center is located on the second floor of the main building in room 244. For 2014-2015, the center is open Monday through Friday:
- Monday-Thursday: 7:30am-6:30pm
- Friday: 7:30-4:30
Services we do provide:
In addition to our qualified math, science, and writing tutors who are available to assist with your questions, we offer:
- Help with class assignments AND non-classroom writing projects
- Assistance with calculators
- Help with your writing assignment, even if you haven't made any notes yet!
- Assistance with software (MyMathLab, MyCompLab, Mathematica, MS Word, MS Excel)
- Writing resources, including those for MLA and APA
- In center use of computers, calculators, models, microscopes, flashcards, reference books, and textbooks
Services we do not provide:
- Individual Tutoring: The TLC does not offer one-on-one scheduled tutoring. However, WWCC provides individual tutoring for students identified by TRiO. For more information about SSS/TRIO, visit the SSS/TRIO website.
- Drop Off Paper Editing: We will not edit your paper, but we will help you edit your own paper.
We have a few things we expect of those who use the Tutoring and Learning Center. Please behave in a way that helps maintain the academic environment.
- Be respectful of others studying.
- Turn off cell phone ringers and don't talk on a cell phone in the center.
- Don't eat or drink at the computers.
Pearson Links for Mathematics Courses:
Students in MATH classes numbered 107 and above should register for MyMathLab through their CANVAS class.