Eligibility & Application
To be eligible to participate in TRiO Student Support Services (SSS), a student must meet all of the following criteria:
- Be a US Citizen, US national (includes natives of American Samoa or Swains Island), or US Permanent Resident with a Form I-551, I-151 I-551C (Permanent Resident Card, Resident Alien Card, or Alien Registration Receipt Card), also known as a green card.
- Possess high school diploma or GED.
- Be highly motivated with demonstrated need for support and intention to transfer to a four-year college immediately after completing WWCC degree.
- Identify as one or more of the following groups:
- First generation college student (neither parent has a four-year college degree).
- Low income according to current Federal standards (students may be required to provide proof of income status; if under age 24 and single, income information may be required from parents).
- Have a documented physical or learning disability.
APPLY TO TRIO!
To apply for the TRiO SSS program, eligible students must complete the following steps:
- Fill out an application (download here) and return it to TRiO staff.
- Complete an interview with a TRiO advisor to discuss your application & eligibility requirements.
- Be selected and contacted to participate in the program.
- Complete a TRiO orientation, including all assessments.
- Sign student contract agreeing to TRiO program expectations.