Our Mission and Vision
Walla Walla Community College will be the catalyst that transforms our students' lives and the communities we serve.
Walla Walla Community College inspires all students to discover their potential and achieve their goals by providing relevant, equitable, and innovative learning opportunities and services.
Walla Walla Community College identified three core themes that manifest essential elements of its mission. The core themes are: Student Success, Strengthen Communities, and Resource Stewardship. Core Themes describe the fundamental aspects of the College's mission by translating it into practice.
- Learning Opportunities. We value learning and encourage students to acquire a rich and wide body of knowledge as well as a love of their chosen discipline. We provide an environment that fosters active learning and the support services necessary to help all students achieve their potential. Everything we do is focused on expanding student access, retention and completion.
- Integrity. Integrity is an essential component of the common bond within Walla Walla Community College. Efficient accomplishment of institutional goals is based on trust and mutual respect. We value honesty, fairness and ethical behavior.
- Sense of Community. We strive to build community. We value a climate where all individuals feel accepted and meaningfully involved in a common cause. We recognize we are interdependent and demonstrate respect for one another.
- Teamwork. We value partnerships within the College and with members of the communities we serve. We practice collaboration in plans, actions, and shared results.
- Diversity. We oppose all barriers that separate people from opportunities: barriers of socioeconomic status, race and ethnicity, age, gender, sexual orientation, and inexperience with the educational system.
- Innovation. Walla Walla Community College values, respects, and rewards the enthusiastic pursuit of new ideas, creative risk-taking, and entrepreneurial endeavors. Encouraging the pursuit of excellence and innovation will help the College prepare students and staff to shape the future. Creativity is one of our most important resources in the 21st Century.
- Health and Humor. We value a healthy environment that encourages humor, creativity, and enjoyment of work. We promote health, wellness, and safety within the College and the communities we serve.
- Personal and Professional Growth. We value the growth of both our students and staff. We believe that our own engagement in the learning process enhances our ability to enrich our personal lives, careers, and work in the global community.
- Excellence. We value superior quality and are dedicated to continued improvement in all college programs and services. We practice an ongoing systematic planning and evaluation process to ensure that our programs and services are distinctive, relevant, responsive, and of the highest quality.
- Sustainability. Walla Walla Community College values the well-being of our communities and is dedicated to protecting and restoring our resources. We advocate for and demonstrate practices that promote economic and environmental sustainability.