Circulation and Checkout Basics
A patron must have a WALNET card issued by a WALNET member library in order to borrow items from the WWCC libraries, from any of the other WALNET member libraries listed in the catalog, or from the WorldCat interlibrary loan service. The WALNET library card provides smoother and more accurate borrowing transactions and allows for patron account customization. Patrons who do not have their card with them will need to provide personal or school issued identification. You may replace or request a library card by using this form.
- Books and periodicals circulate for 3 weeks.
- CDs, DVDs, video tapes and audio cassette tapes circulate for 1 week.
- All books may be renewed twice and media once, unless a hold has been placed on the item by another patron.
- Reference books, current periodicals, and microform materials do not circulate. Exceptions are possible depending on the reason, the nature of the item and the length of time the item is needed.
- Blocked patrons are subject to losing their borrowing privileges and are encouraged to clear up their record with the relevant library. This policy is governed by WALNET agreements with member libraries in the consortium.
- Reserve materials are kept behind the front desk. They must be checked out and are available for 'in library use' only. See "Reserve Collection Policies" for more details. Instructors request an item be put on reserve and can make an exception to the 'in library use' only restriction.